Saturday 19 May 2012

Daily Photo Challenge - Week 20

This week has been one of the toughest of the year - both emotionally, and for the challenge.  We said goodbye to our dear friend Jen on Wednesday - a day that was sad because we were saying goodbye, but happy as I was reunited with so many people that I hadn't seen in years.  So much strength was shown at the funeral, both in the description about her battle, but also through her family and friends who had the courage to face everyone and talk about their loss.

On the same token, we had much to celebrate on Thursday as Mr A turned 2.  My little baby, born at 8:03pm weighing a rather large 10 pound + has grown into a little boy and finally reached his 2nd birthday milestone.  It was a day of happiness but at the same time I am sad that he is growing so fast and I feel like sometimes that I'm missing out through the day to day 'busyness' life holds.  He has changed my life so much, definitely for the better.  He has taught me how to be patient, how to see life through his eyes (where everything is exciting), but mostly he has taught me to love myself as to him I am the world.

So this week's photos I tried to reflect on our week - not so much on the sad but on the good.

xx

Mothers Day (I didn't take this photo - thanks hubby)

Rays

"Hood"lums

A labour of love (literally, as hubby has said to me, I'm not a natural baker...)

Turning 2

brushing teeth

Spectator



2 comments:

  1. Stunning! Rays and Brushing teeth are my favs. (Once again we were on the same wave length - I tried the teeth cleaning thing a few days earlier. I much prefer your pic tho'.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I'm with Mel, love Rays and Brushing Teeth, but as always they are all awesome :)

    ReplyDelete